The initial launch includes new and enhanced hiring and onboarding processes that will greatly improve the hiring experience by reducing the time and resources required to hire at Georgia Tech.
The Administrative Excellence (AdminX) team is gearing up for the launch of the Administrative Services Center (ASC) this October. The initial launch includes new and enhanced hiring and onboarding processes that will greatly improve the hiring experience by reducing the time and resources required to hire at Georgia Tech.
In 2021, more than 80% of hires were hired via the Direct Hire process, a majority of whom were students. The scope for the October launch includes a new, intuitive eRequest form in the ASC portal that will be used for transactions that utilize the Direct Hire Form.
In addition to the process improvement focus on hiring, the ASC is working on enhancements across the entire support experience including:
- Focus on Customer Service Excellence: Customer relationship managers (CRMs) assigned across Academics, Research, and Administration to serve as customer advocates, identify blind spots, and work with the ASC to continuously improve.
- Revamped Onboarding Walk-up Experience: The new ASC walk-up location will open in October providing comprehensive service support to employees through the onboarding services (e.g., I-9s, etc.).
- Integration with USG SSC Metrics: The ASC will produce integrated metrics with the University System of Georgia (USG) Shared Services Center (SSC) to provide a holistic view of HR inquiries, resolution cycle times, bottlenecks, etc.
- User-Friendly Employee Portal and Enhanced Knowledge: A new, robust employee portal will be launched that is intuitive and easy to navigate. The portal will provide a high-quality user experience and improve the findability of HR content.
- Direct Entry Point for Live One-to-One Support via Phone: Employees will be able to reach live personnel for HR support through one phone number. They will be routed to the team best able to answer their question as necessary.
ASC Staffing Update
To facilitate all these enhancements, the ASC team is quickly growing and most recently welcomed a cohort of internal candidates to be a part of the HR Support Services Team. The team is led by Laura Hessler, senior director of HR Support Services, and will be home to:
- Talent Services
- Workforce, Compensation, & Records Administration
“The great thing is that we have been able to staff over half of our new vacancies with current GTHR employees which will be such a huge help with time to productivity. Not only does this team have great institutional knowledge but also a deep knowledge of hiring processes to help us as we move forward,” said Laura Hessler, senior director for HR Support Services.
Remaining vacancies across the HR Support Services, Customer Service Excellence, and Operational Excellence teams can all be found on Careers.
Over the next months, the AdminX will embark on a series of unit roadshows to connect with administrative teams across the Institute and provide a platform to discuss how the ASC will impact unit operations.
You are also encouraged to participate in the series of Town Hall sessions led by Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer Skye Duckett and Vice President and Deputy Chief Business Officer Mike Shannon. You can view the recording from the Data & Metrics Town Hall scheduled for Thursday, July 28 at 10 a.m..